Friday, April 24, 2009

Relational God

Sometimes life is ironic, hard to explain. My last post was about my brother. My last 2 posts have been about death.

On Easter Sunday a lady in our church found out her younger sister committed suicide in her dorm at University of Maryland. It was 23 years ago, to the day, that my brother took his life. This lady from our church is devastated - she was close to her younger sister. Her heart is broken. She is going through the range of emotions that are to be expected. Anger. Grief. Shock. Loss.

This is one of those times that we know God is taking our painful experiences and using them to help others. I think my friend has found some comfort in knowing that I understand her every emotion. I think she will be able to trust Jerry and I with what she is thinking. If I had not gone through suicide with my brother, I could listen to my friend, but not relate to her.

Our God is relational. He is not there just to listen to our list of complaints and wants. He is there for a relationship with us. It's not good that we have crap in our life. But it is good to watch Him use the crap to help others.

Speaking of crap... I need to get off of here. I think we have tree roots clogging the pipes in our yard and things are backing up in the house. Oh - what a beautiful day. hee hee ha

2 comments:

  1. No one likes the ugly-hard events in our lives but it does help to know that He will use it to bring Him glory sometime. Bless you for being there for her in a way that most have no clue.

    ReplyDelete