Saturday, August 15, 2009

It's Quiet Here

It has been so quiet here the last couple of days. I suppose part of it is that Jerry is on vacation this week, so no church/job type things happening. And Logan has been in band camp from 8-5 every day, and then working a couple evenings. But it is eerily quiet. Like the calm before the storm.

I am assuming that calm is the routine that will begin next Wednesday when school starts. I like that routine, so I am ready for it.

This year will be bittersweet. Logan will be a Senior, and our lives will be filled with senior-y type things. I am excited about that, but hoping I can fight the tears so as not to embarrass that boy. I fought the tears on the way to registration last week. We took separate cars because I had to also register Maddie. And when he got out of his car in the high school parking lot, he asked why my nose was so red. I just avoided the question. He doesn't get it and I don't expect him to get it. But I know every Momma gets it.

Quiet. I should soak it in, bottle it up, and save it for a crazy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment