Monday, August 16, 2010

Seasons Changin'

In about an hour I will be performing a long-standing tradition in our home. I'll be taking those "First Day of School" pictures. But my heart is heavy this year. For the first time in 13ish years, the pictures will be very different. Maddie will be standing solo in the pics. Logan will be in bed, getting a little extra sleep before he goes to work at the college bookstore. This is the first time in many years that we aren't sending them off at the same time or on the same day for their First Day of School. It makes me teary-eyed to even think about this.

I count myself fortunate that Logan is doing his first year of college at home. That eases the pain of the Seasons Changin'. But next year will be another new Season --- we will deliver Logan to Southern Illinois University-Carbondale and leave him there. Maddie will have her First Day of School as a high school student. Our house will be quieter with one less body running around.

I know the Seasons have to change. It is the way God created our world. But I don't have to like it.











































No comments:

Post a Comment