Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Boring Info

I hate when I go so long between posts. On the other hand, I really try to wait until there is something interesting to post about.

VBS consumed me last week, and most of the week before. It is a great week in the life of our church, but it is always so tiring. We had 159 different kids that attended sometime throughout the week and over 80 adults who volunteered. It's just a crazy fun week. But now I'm trying to get my mind set back on the usual stuff.

Summer is supposed to conjure up images of sipping lemonade, kicked back in a chair, maybe reading a book, watching children play in the park or at the beach, sunsets, and you know all the pictures.

But my Summer has been swamped with a full calendar, at least in my head. I started a Bible study on Wednesday mornings which is going terrific. We started a weekly small group in our home last night, which also went great. We are starting to kick in to that swim-meet madness. We have one tonight that is nearly 2 hours away, ugh. Tomorrow is Bible study and then I head directly to Mt. Carmel (45 min from here) to take care of some things for my new secretary position for Hickory Grove Great Banquet. Saturday is an all day swimming meet about an hour from here. Maddie leaves for her first camp of the Summer on Sunday. Which is also Father's Day. On Monday I am driving to St. Louis to pick up one of Logan's friends who will be here to visit for a week. Next Friday, I leave with 17 women to go to the Women of Faith conference in St. Louis (still have some details I need to attend to for that trip). The Thursday after that, our friends from Missouri will arrive for a fun, long weekend! We will be squeezing a trip to Moonshine in, as well as finding time for their daughter to take Logan's senior pictures. They will leave on a Monday, and on Tuesday I will take Maddie to St. Louis to meet her best friend and head back to Harrisonville where she will stay for a week.

There are some other things that will take place amidst all the things listed above, but you get the general idea. And those details just get us to the first week of July. I have learned in my old age that I just have to deal with the 'next' thing. If I try to process too many events at once, I get overwhelmed and stressed out. I just set my radar on the next thing and push 'go.'

Not sure what happened to those lazy, hazy, crazy days of Suuummmmer. There's not much time to be lazy. But the busy days do get a little hazy and make me feel crazy.

3 comments:

  1. teehee...I remember life being at that fast pace while you still had it slow and steady...now I'm sipping lemonade swinging in the hammock - WAIT - I'm not doing that yet!!! but I want to, i really want to - maybe next summer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Want to know my favorite part of this post?? No, well here it is anyway... Friends from Missouri coming!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. tell me more about this moonshine

    ReplyDelete