Thursday, May 14, 2009

Dead Snakes and Duh! Moments

Some of you know I have this thing about snakes. I don't like them even a little. But I have an obsession of sorts. Sometimes I dream there are hundreds of snakes and I have to get through/around them. I grab those snakes and fling them away so fast they don't know what hit them. I'm always the hero in my dreams.
My obsession has grown more intense since living in the cornfield. Between here and Vincennes, IN is a highway that has several wooded areas we pass through. I have often wondered how many snakes are slithering through those woods as we drive by.
Tuesday night was a glorious moment for me. We were driving south of town, heading to dinner with friends. I think I actually clapped when I noticed a dead snake on the road. It was my first dead snake of the season. I sort of keep count. I know. You are really starting to wonder about me. It's just this thing I have. I don't like snakes.

My Duh! moment came yesterday. This Summer at church I am leading a Women of Faith Bible study called, "Discovering God's Will For Your Life." I've started working on the lessons, getting everything ready. The more I work on it, the more excited I get. I am anxious to get started!

I am currently talking to God about a really big decision in my life. Trying to discern what He wants me to do. Trying so hard to hear Him clearly. Trying to factor out all my human lists of pros and cons. And then the Duh! hit. "I have a great idea Dianna. Why don't you go back over those lessons you've been preparing. Read your own notes. Look up those Scriptures. Duh!! Remember it is about discovering God's will for your life."

Seriously, I've been living for Jesus for about 22 years. You would think I'd be better at it than this. Oh well - I certainly do provide plenty of entertainment for myself.

3 comments:

  1. I love everything about this post! I too hate snakes with a passion, but I figure it is their curse handed to them because of sin! Plus I too feel like the duh moment about being quiet and letting Him show me His will instead of me forging ahead hoping it's the right way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. stop, drop and pray....it's my own mantra of how I "should" live....even if I don't physically drop...it's an attitude of submission. We humans are silly...so caught up in our ways. And of course you are the hero of your dreams....that's just one of the things I love about you...your high level of self confidence....KNOWING YOU ARE A QUEEN WITH POWERS! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh...praying with you for your big decision.

    ReplyDelete